Thank you for agreeing to participate in SPUC’s 5th Annual Conference, September 27-29, 2019 and/or the Leadership Summit, September 26 at Cook Children’s Medical Center. Below are some important reminders and links.
Speaker PowerPoint Slide Presentations – IMPORTANT!
Preliminary PP Presentations were due July 31, 2019
Final PP Presentation due September 20, 2019
The Accreditor will need to review your presentation content before the conference. No exceptions.
Please use this link to upload your syllabus material.
We also recommend you bring your final presentation on a thumb drive as backup only should
onsite technical issues arise.
Please make sure you are registered for the conference. Refer to your faculty letters for additional information.
2019 Conference Program
Early Registration rates end August 26, 2019
Room block rates end August 28 or when the room block fills, whichever comes first.
There is a home TCU football game Sept. 28 – area hotels will fill!
Top 5 Podium Presenters
Top posters are scheduled for Podium Presentation on Saturday, September 28, during a lunch session, 1:00 – 2:15 PM. There will be a short break prior to this session, allowing attendees to pick up lunch and bring into the general session room for these presentations.
Before the Conference
Electronic posters are due September 15 – please email your electronic poster to the SPUC office- [email protected]
Upload your FINAL PP slide presentation by September 20 here in the speaker portal. We recommend 4-6 slides total, including one of your digital poster. During your podium session, you will have roughly six (6) minutes to describe your scientific poster and two to three (2-3) minutes for questions and answers.
It is important you bring your PP final presentation on a thumb drive as a backup should there be any trouble with the uploaded version.
WALK AROUND POSTER SESSION PRESENTERS
The Poster Walk Around/Welcome Reception will be held on Friday, September 27, 2019 from 5:15 – 6:30 pm. Please be prepared to talk about your work and poster for approximately 3 minutes. A small group led by SPUC leaders will walk to each poster presenter for an informal presentation and to ask questions.
Mounting: Posters should be mounted Friday, Sept. 27 after 7:00 AM.
Poster Removal: Please remove your poster any time after 6:30 PM on Friday, Sept. 27.
Your poster must not exceed 3 feet by 4 feet. Mounting materials (velcro) will be provided. Your poster should include:
- The title of your abstract.
- The names of the authors and the name and location of the institution. Underline the name of the presenting author.
All material should be sized so it can be read from a distance of 3 feet. The material must be neatly and legibly prepared; illustrative data should be similar in quality to that used in making slides.
We would like to feature an electronic version of your poster in the SPUC Mobile Meeting Guide. Registrants will have access to digital posters before and during the conference.
Digital Poster Requirements
- You MUST create your poster in PowerPoint (or other program) using the 16:9 aspect ratio resolution setting in landscape format.
- Save your poster slide as a .PDF file that includes the author’s name, last name first, and poster title.
- The filename of your PDF will be auto-converted to the poster number once it is uploaded, but please make sure that your file’s name starts with a letter or a number (no symbols) and ends in .pdf or .PDF for the upload system to recognize it.
DIGITAL POSTER SUGGESTIONS
- Use a Sans Serif Font (Arial, Calibri, Tahoma, Verdana) with a point size no smaller than 5.
- Avoid long sections of text.
- Be sure that all graphs, charts, and images are readable.
SUBMIT YOUR POSTER HERE – Log in using the username/email and password from your abstract submission account